Thursday, August 28, 2008

We're in Guilin now ~ very beautiful city

Hello! We took a five hour bus ride on Wednesday from Nanning to Guilin. It is so gorgeous here. Our guide says it is one of the most beautiful cities in China. On Thursday morning we went to The Seven Star Park to see two panda bears. The weather is subtropical here, very hot and humid. Chandler's grampa definitely would not have enjoyed the heat today but Chandler nor any of the other babies seemed to mind it one bit. I guess they are quite used to it by now. The pandas were darling and very interesting to watch. One of them hammed it up for photos while the other hung out resting in his house.
Later we went to a silk factory where we saw a demonstration on how silk is made. I never knew it came from the cocoon of a worm. Very cool!
Okay, now back to this beautiful baby girl of mine. She is growing right before my eyes! She took her first big girl bath with Mama on Wednesday and loved it. It was a good thing we brought lots of bath toys. We tried a little swimming on Wednesday night. She liked it okay until she got splashed by some of the other swimmers and then was ready to go. We may try it again tonight since I know she loves the water. Today we're headed out for a river boat cruise. I hear it is absolutely beautiful. I will be sure to take lots of photos.
Unfortunately, the Internet connection is very slow here at this hotel so I'm not able to upload photos to my blog right now. Luckily our guides have uploaded photos to my adoption agency's website. We are not able to view the pics from this hotel but I believe there are many photos of our group there. The address is http://www.lavida.org/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole, the pictures on the agency website are wonderful - I'm sure you will want to print them for yourself!
There are some great ones of you and Chandler...especially the one from the day of adoption! I'm so happy you are enjoying China - you'll have to write it all down to tell Chandler someday.....love you, Donna

Jodi Shaw said...

Nicole,
I am SOOO happy for you... I can't wait till I can share our journey with you too... 242 hours till we leave! LOL... Hope I can get lots of photos but since my sister decided not to come with us, our "house photographer" wont be there! When do you come home? We have to be in China for 18 days total. Crazy... ok, well, have a blast! TTYL, Jodi (Rachel's Mommy!)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the trip (and the baby!) of a lifetime! HUGE kisses to you and Chandler!

RamblingMother said...

we loved Guilin the city. We stayed at the water fall hotel but I didn't like that room as much as in Nanning or White Swan (guangzhou). enjoy your stay. The li river cruise was def worth it.

Anonymous said...

Nicole,
See is a doll baby!
Love, Debi

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker