Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy Baby Day 2











I'll make this quick since I'm needing to catch up on a few missed hours of sleep which was no fault of Chandler's considering she slept through the night! It was me who kept waking up every hour to see if she had moved. So, not only is she a happy baby, she's a great sleeper too. What an added bonus!
We enjoyed another heavenly day together. We started with a trip back to the civil affairs office where the adoption was made legal. Woohoo! Then on to a notary office, lunch, nap and believe it or not, a trip to the Super Wal-Mart. We were able to pick up Chinese formula and other things we needed for the babies there. And the best part, Chandler loves to shop. Now that's an added bonus indeed. It was over 80 degrees in the store and while I was wilting Chandler enjoyed stopping to chat with all of the employees and of course to share a grin or two. We went to a special restaurant for dinner this evening where they had a wonderful Chinese dance performance. The dancers even invited the audience to participate towards the end of the show. I gave it a try while Chandler watched in delight. She was probably thinking, "Boy, my mommy sure can't dance very well!"

Nana and Channie are asleep so I better get going myself...please enjoy a few pics from our day and thank you so very much for all of the kind emails and blog posts. Chandler can't wait to get home and meet everyone. Good night!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can't get over what a happy, smiley baby Chandler seems to be, she's looks to be posing for the camera! - and sleeping through the night is a dream come true! Alexa looked at the pictures today and asked, "Can Miss Nicole's baby and our babies be friends, mommy?" - sweet, huh? love, Donna

Meshele Bourdeau said...

I am so excited for you and Chandler!!! She is such a beautiful little girl!

Beth said...

Hey Nicole! Chandler is a stunning little beauty! And that smile...straight to the heart for sure! I'm so happy to have met you and shared the travel part of your journey. How are you feeling Mama? :) You'll never get tired of hearing that sweet word. It sounds like you're having a fantastic trip. Isn't Nanning gorgeous? Have a wonderful time during the rest of your travels. I'd love for Chandler and Hope to meet someday and I'd LOVE to spend some time with you! Thinking of you and following along...Beth

RamblingMother said...

she is so sweet. love her grin.

Shannon said...

That's a million dollar smile right there!! What a cutie pie!

Steve Dunn said...

Nicole,
She is so beautiful...Congrats!!!!
I am so happy for you I am almost doing that squish squish thing my eyes can't do! I can't wait to meet Chandler in person...I will have lots of presents!!!
Love,
Steve Dunn

Alyson and Ford said...

Wow, such a lovely story - your family is wonderful! Glad to read about your journey. Congratulations!

Alyson
LID 01/27/06
DOR 08/12/08

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker