Monday, August 4, 2008

Showered with love








Wow! Yesterday Chandler and I were showered with gifts from our dear friends and family. It was such a special day and a memory I will always treasure. I can't wait to tell Chandler all about it one day and let her know how much she was truly loved even long before she ever arrived home. I still get weepy with gratitude just thinking about it. My mom and dear friend Kelly Floyd hosted the party at my home. Unfortunately, there was one problem.... Mom's flight was canceled on Saturday night due to bad weather so she was not able to make it. We were so bummed but she was defnitely here in spirit and I can't wait to have her down to visit soon when we leave for China. Kelly made the day so very special. Not a single detail was left out. Her mom Kathy and sister Kristy were amazing too. Kristy made the most adorable diaper cake that I will of course never take apart because its so special. She even placed a pair of little pink tennis shoes on it which is a good luck tradition for new babies in China. Kelly took the time to place special "motherhood sayings" in each fortune cookie for the guests. Mine of course brought tears to my eyes, "Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. ~Oprah Winfrey"
Besides just the sheer joy of having my house filled with loved ones, the gifts we received are just simply overwhelming. As you can see from the photos, I had lots of little helpers to assist with the unwrapping. Strollers, a car seat, bottles, bibs, wipes, a baby monitor, matching Vera Bradley purses for Chandler and I, high chair, gift cards, toy box, bath time toys and towels, those yummy baby smelling lotions and soaps and more.... you name it, we got it. This baby is set! Now we just need to get her here. I'm still waiting to hear about travel approval from my adoption agency but it shouldn't be much longer. I still anticipate that our flights will be booked in the next 2 weeks and that we will travel in Early September. I'll keep y'all posted....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it looks like you had a wonderful time - I'm so glad you posted pictures, it helped me feel a part of it!! You look absolutely elated and beautiful as always!
Love you, Donna

Anonymous said...

Nicole - that's a great photo of you at your shower :) Looks like you got LOTS of great stuff, too! Sorry we haven't connected, but I know how busy you are... Do you have a Baby Bjorn and/or do you want one for the trip? I have one that is barely used that someone gave to me -- I used it a LOT in China, but not so much once I got home. You're welcome to have it if you want it. Can't wait to follow your journey! ~May

Beth said...

Did you just type y'all??? :) Your mid-western friend here got a kick out of it. :)

I see Dr. Brown's bottles in your hands...we used them too with our Hope. She took to them easily. We would recommend the Y shaped nipple openings because the babies are used to FAST bottles. You won't believe how hot they like their formula and how fast they drink it down.

What a fun shower! Congratulations again. I hope we get to talk a couple more times before you leave. Please let me know about any other questions you might have.

Beth

BTW - You look radiant! :)

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker