Sunday, August 10, 2008

Showered with love...again! Surprise!!!
















Another wonderful surprise to report.... a surprise shower at work for Chandler Elise! I had a lunch meeting scheduled for noon on Friday. Much to my surprise, when I arrived in the conference room, it was filled with beautiful pink and brown decorations (Chandler's nursery colors), a full vegetarian spread with all of my favorite foods (and hopefully Chandler's too), loads of generous gifts for Chandler Elise and most importantly, 50+ smiling faces shouting SURPRISE!! I was truly touched beyond words. Many of these folks were there 3 years ago when I first announced my decision to adopt while others have recently joined in this journey. Wow! What a kind gesture beyond words. I was actually speechless.... well just for a few minutes, at least! Then came the poem... one of my co-workers, Anna, always writes a custom poem when someone is promoted or leaves the department. This time, she wrote a poem for Chandler Elise, someone arriving and not leaving. Here it is.... grab some Kleenex before you get started: Chandler Elise-Lin by Anna Stone
A gift sent from above
Welcome to a home filled with love.
A long time of waiting, hoping, and praying...
Replaced with you laughing, cuddling, and playing.
You may not share blood, but you share one heart,
Your mommy Nicole has loved you from before your start!
Then came the glorious day in August,
The waiting is over! IT'S BEEN the LONGEST!!
Looking forward to the sweet day in September,
A homecoming to always remember!
I just love it and plan to frame it for the nursery. Needless to say, the shower was wonderful and as I watch the video of it, I still cry tears of joy and gratitude. All I can say is this is one loved and anxiously awaited baby girl. We couldn't be more blessed. Thanks, All!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She will be surrounded by nothing but love, every little child should be so lucky. RD

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker