Sunday, August 10, 2008

Surprise ~ We're leaving for China in 12 days!!!

Oh my! I returned to my office on Late Thursday Afternoon from a meeting to find the news from my adoption agency that they received approval for us to travel to China AND had tentative travel arrangements for us to leave on AUGUST 22nd! Woo hoo! That's quick. On Friday I received our actual plane tickets and itinerary. Oh my goodness! I've waited three years for this and now I'm freaking out thinking how can I possibly get everything done by August 22nd. Then I came to senses and realized of course I can be ready. I haven't slept but a few hours since I heard the good news anyhow so I have plenty of time. :) So Mom flies down to NC on the 19th to allow time for any "glitches" in air travel. We leave out on August 22nd at 9am and return on September 4th at 9pm. The best part of course is that I meet my Sweet Chandler Elise on Monday August 25th (her 11 month birthday!). I'll have her with me the entire rest of the trip (literally for those of you who don't know me well, I doubt I will set her down once for a very long time!) Here's our itinerary:
8/22/08 Leave North Carolina headed for CHINA!!
8/23/08 Arrive in Beijing for a brief sight seeing tour
8/24/08 Leave Beijing and Arrive in City of Nanning, Guangxi Province
8/25/08 Gotcha Day! – I will finally meet Chandler Elise and kiss those chubby cheeks!
8/25-8/30 Adoption Processing starts
8/27/08 Depart from Nanning to Guilin City for a 4 day sight seeing excurision
8/31/08 Flight to Guangzhou
9/1/08 Doctor's exam
9/2/08 U.S.C.I.S processing
9/3/08 Pick up visas
9/4/08 Leave Guangzou, to Beijing, to Chicago and finally arrive in NC at 9:05pm WOOHOO!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

HOLY MOLY!! That is so exciting!!! YAY! You finally get to meet her! I'm soo soo happy for you!

grandmarockton said...

Hopping you have a good trip; I'm sure your little one will be LOVE,LOVE & more blessing the red thread bring is WONDERFUL as a grandma I speak the truth check out (ourjourneyforsofia.blogspot.com) BLESSING to you and your family plus the new one!!!! Grandmarockton

Beth said...

YIKES!!! How Awesome! I'm jealous that you're going to Guilin, too. You're going to have such a fabulous trip...and you're coming home with the best souvenir ever! :)

Beth

Otter said...

I stumbled upon your blog accidentally while looking up items on Nanning. My daughter, Emma Yuru was adopted in Nanning 7/19/06. She just turned 3 a week ago! We also went to Guilin before moving on to the White Swan. Anyway, feeling the excitement in your post brought back such warm, amazing memories for me. Have a wonderful trip. Although, we are strangers, I know EXACTLY what the wait and the trip and the butterflies feel like. I wish you nothing but joy as you meet your daughter for the first time.

Anonymous said...

How do you expect Chandler's old Grandfather to get through a poem like that? Well I did. Love Dad

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker