Sunday, October 12, 2008

NY trip continued, Auntie Kelly Jo Visits, Back to work









Well, our trip to NY sure was fun. I've been home to visit many times and always have fun but never quite as much as this time. Despite the unseasonably cold temperatures, we enjoyed every minute of our time there. It was so nice to see friends and family and for Chandler to meet them all. Mom had a beautiful gathering at her home on Sunday to welcome Chandler. I was so touched that my aunts, uncles, cousins and many of my mom's dear friends drove from miles away to meet my little pumpkin. She loved all the attention and even gave up a nap so she wouldn't miss a thing during the party. I couldn't believe how she hung on. It wasn't 5 minutes after the last guest left and she crashed. :)

The flights back were perfect. She slept on the first flight and entertained the second. She's so much fun to travel with so since she flies for free until she's two, it looks like we'll be taking a lot of trips between now and next September 25th!

The rest of our week was fun as usual. Knowing this was our last full week together before I go back to work, we played extra hard. She's saying a lot more words now and is standing on her own with perfect confidence. She is still seriously contemplating the walking thing but to date still opts for the safer alternative of crawling at record speeds. I have a feeling as soon as she's around the little one's at day care, she'll skip walking and move straight to a slow sprint!

Speaking of day care, the time has come. I won't write much about it right now since it is late and I'm about out of Kleenex but needless to say, I'm sad. I've enjoyed these seven weeks with her and am very grateful for this time. It's been the time of my life. There's not been a day that has gone by when she doesn't make me laugh until my stomach hurts. Sometimes my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. She's such a joy and I know that day care will be good for HER but it still hurts. The wonderful part of this week, is that my very dear friend (Chandler's Auntie Kelly Jo) has flown in from Cleveland to spend the whole week with Chandler. This is something that Kelly has wanted to do since I first mentioned my idea of adopting back in Early 2005. She's left her beautiful children, super husband and very busy job back in Ohio to come help Chandler and I through this transition of going back to work. Chandler will go to day care 1/2 days and spend the rest of the time with her Auntie Kelly Jo. They're going to have so much fun together and I am forever grateful for such a wonderful friend.

Well, here it goes. I am off for a few hours of sleep before we embark on a new journey of work and day care... oh and by the way, Chandler and I refer to her day care as school. I believe this makes her feel more grown up. :) And if you hear crying about 7am tomorrow, don't worry it's NOT the baby!

1 comment:

RamblingMother said...

I know how you feel but in a few months (and you will hate me now for saying it) it does get better on both of you!!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker