Saturday, October 25, 2008

All better!

Here's Channie on her first sick day! Looks like a bad case of playing hookie to me.

Here's the face I get when I tell Channie "No". I think she's pretending she doesn't yet understand English.
Too cute for words

"Look Mom, No hands!!" Channie watching one of her shows and standing on her own like a big girl.


Channie at school with her buddies Leah and Turner.

Chandler is officially back in business! We stayed home on Wednesday to ensure she was fever free for 24 hours and then we were back to work/school on Thursday. I have to admit that even though I worked from home on Wednesday, it really was so nice to have the day with her. It was pretty comical when I think about how I changed a VERY dirty diaper and participated in a conference call at the same time. I'm sure I'm not the first to do this but it was my first for sure. Chandler was so good and occupied herself with her shows and toys when I couldn't be right there to play with her. All I can say is Thank God for the mute button during some of those calls. Chandler is quite chatty at times and that day was no exception. Most importantly of course is that she's feeling well again. Unfortunately, we seem to be swapping these colds back and forth. By last night my voice had pretty much left me and the icky achy feeling was back. Oh well, I know this is just part of being a mom and I wouldn't trade this runny nose for anything!

Thankfully, no more incidents at day care to report of. Channie continues to love it there which makes me so happy. I stopped over to see her on my lunch hour on Thursday and Friday to give her some meds for the cold. I just love to see her beautiful little face light up when she sees me peeking through the window. Yesterday I stayed for a while and TRIED to play with some of her little friends. Chandler made it clear I was HER mommy and NOT theirs. As she pushed Little Addison and Jerry away from me I could imagine her saying, "Go get your own mommy!" Too funny!!
She is still not entertaining the thought of taking any steps on her own. She will stand now for quite a while but if she needs to get anywhere she just plops to the ground and takes off crawling. I look forward to seeing her walking one day soon but in her own time, of course. I have a feeling once she starts I am going to be in BIG TROUBLE! :)

2 comments:

RamblingMother said...

She looks just shocked that you would dare to tell her no. too cute.

Shannon said...

She is such a cutie pie. Em tries to climb into the dishwasher all the time. I think she just can't figure out why i spend so much time there!!
I'm sorry you guys aren't feeling well. Hope you are both better soon!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker