Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Chandler LOVES school and Auntie Kelly Jo!!





I am so proud of my sweet little girl. She is doing great at her "school" in the mornings and playing with Auntie Kelly Jo in the afternoons. I am so proud of her. I was so nervous driving to school on Monday morning but I should have known she'd love it there. SHE didn't shed a tear while Mommy just a few. The minute we walked into her room I set her down to play and the rest was history. She never looked back and waved when I said goodbye. The teachers were all so nice and assured me I could call as many times as needed. I only called once and they said she was doing great and ate a very big breakfast and lunch. Once again, no big surprise there. Her little classmates will be lucky to get a full meal now with Channie there. :) When I went back at 11:30am to pick her up, I watched her through the window as she played in cubby with toys. When I knocked on the window she looked over at me and smiled and then went back to playing. I am so happy she loves it there. Yesterday was just the same. They all commented how good she is but of course we all knew that already! :)
Her afternoon with Auntie Kelly Jo are no different. She falls asleep on the ride home from school and wakes up at home ready to play with Auntie. From what I hear, they're having a blast and Chandler is sharing all of her funny tricks with Auntie. Yesterday Kelly called me at work laughing hysterically. She said she and Chandler were playing the game where one will scrunch her nose then the other in return. Apparently this went on for quite a while until Auntie broke out in a roar of laughter with Channie following. I am so happy to have Kelly Jo here with us and its obvious Channie is also!
Gotta run. Thanks all for thinking of us during our transition week. The calls and emails have been very much appreciated!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm glad she is doing so well at school! it certainly makes it easier on you to leave her there when you know she is happy to be there with her little friends!

RamblingMother said...

that is wonderful news!!

Anonymous said...

You're doing GREAT, Nicole! Hang in there... it is of course NO fun to go back to work (I dreaded it) - but really, it gets so much better, I promise.... It's wonderful that Channie is doing so well, too -- SHE'LL be fine, as you know! :) ~May

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker