Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Chandler's first sick day:( + 2 incident reports





Booooooo! Last night Chandler's little nose started to run and she was sneezing like crazy. When she woke up this morning she didn't have a temp but wasn't her happy girl self. When I dropped her at school this morning I asked her teachers to keep an eye out for her. Sure enough, I received a call from school at about 3pm today that our little pumpkin was running a 101.5 temp. Miss Tonya, one of her teachers, said she was having a blast as usual but burning up. This was my first call FROM school so I booked out of work like the building was on fire. I'm sure this is normal for new mom's but it was pretty fast and look back on it, probably pretty funny, I must admit. Anyhow, after I called the pediatrician who assured me that she'd be okay, I was at school to pick her up. She is back to her happy self as usual tonight but now with rosy cheeks and a runny nose. Poor sweetie! Looks like Mommy will be working from home tomorrow so we can keep an eye on her fever.


Now I must share about Chandler's two back to back incident report days. This is actually quite humorous. These reports are completed by the teachers at school any time the children get hurt, even the slightest bump. Well, yesterday was Chandler's first incident report. Apparently she and another child bumped heads, literally. I do this all the time at work, but not literally usually! Anyhow, no biggie on that one. She recovered instantly and quite honestly if we kept incident reports at home, we'd have at least 5 a day with this wild girl! So today was THE big incident. When I called in to check on Chandler this morning and before we knew about her fever, they said she had another "incident". This time while she was playing with a toy another child tried to take it from her. When Chandler wouldn't give it to the child, he/she bit her. I say "he/she" since the school doesn't disclose to me which child bit her. I can't tell you how bad I wanted to ask but I was good and did not. :) I thought it was cute when the teacher said normally Chandler will just walk away if someone wants her toy but this time she must have wanted this one bad. Anyhow, no serious injury once again, just a cute story for the scrapbook.

And lastly I must ask, what happened to our beautiful Summer weather or even Fall weather for that matter? We woke up yesterday morning to a brisk 36 degrees. This is very cold for Charlotte at this time of year, especially considering it was in the 80's last week. I see only one good thing about this which is of course that Chandler gets to wear all these cute winter hats. I think she likes them too!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oh Peanut - feel better. 'Tis the season for colds now huh. UGH

RamblingMother said...

hope she feels better soon.

Andrea Harman said...

I'm so glad that Chandler feels better. From the looks of her "sick" day, I wouldn't blame her if she tried to make it a regularly event, haha!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker