Saturday, September 6, 2008

We're back in the U.S.A. ~ Welcome HOME Chandler







We made it. Our last week in China was wonderful. We just loved the city of Guangzhou and I promise to share a lot more pictures soon. I apologize but we did not use the Internet at our hotel in Guangzhou and thus I didn't update the blog. After a VERY long trip we finally arrived back in the Carolinas at 3am on Friday morning. Unfortunately, our flight from Chicago was delayed several hours due to Hurricane Gustav so we weren't able to meet our friends and family at the airport as planned. My dear friend Kelly was so kind to wait all night for our call that we had finally landed so she could come and pick us up. Chandler was sooooo happy to meet her new Auntie Kelly. Kelly met us with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and had decorated the front of our house with a giant bunch of balloons. We were also thrilled to arrive home to this stork statue with a darling little Asian baby in tow. How cute! This was delivered from the local chapter of Families with Children From China. I just joined this group right before we left for China so it was such a pleasant surprise that they would do this for us. So the ride home in the car was new for Chandler. After Auntie Kelly and I figured out how to get her strapped in her new seat, we were headed home. Since Chandler spent the last two weeks on my lap on the buses and planes, this car seat thing was very restraining to her and not very fun. Luckily Auntie Kelly was chauffeuring us so I could play and sing songs on the drive. This should be fun next week when I'm on my own and Chandler is strapped in the back seat with no one to entertain her. Yikes!

We played for a bit when we got home and then Auntie Kelly and Nana went to sleep while Chandler and I played in her new room. We're all struggling a bit getting back on schedule but hopefully within a few days we'll be ready to roll. Last night we had a special visit from the Prescott Family. Chandler loved playing with the kids and her Auntie Debi. They made this darling "Welcome Home Chandler" poster. As you can see from the pictures, Chandler LOVES the Prescotts and can't wait to see them again soon.

As for Chandler's mommy, she's very sleepy so will finish now and post more later. These past few weeks have been a dream come to true for me. I just love this little pumpkin with all of my heart and am so grateful for all of the beautiful emails and posts we've received from friends and family near and far. Chandler is looking forward to meeting you all!! Good night!

9 comments:

Jodi Shaw said...

WELCOME HOME!!!! I am SO happy for you guys... She is absolutely adorable!!!! oh... and I LOVE the stork on the lawn! :-) enjoy every moment... write when (or should I say IF) you find the time... I am really thrilled for you! 4 more days till I am holding my Rachel!!

Anonymous said...

We're so happy you are home safe and sound and with baby Chandler!!!!!
She looks so pleased to be in her new home! I'm sure you guys are exhausted from all of the traveling but when you're ready we want to talk to you both on the phone so you could hear our love :-)
Thank you for all of the updates - myself, Tom and the kids have enjoyed the journey along with you!!!
All of our love, the Warrens

Beth said...

I've been thinking of you so much! I'm so happy to read today that you're home safely. The carseat wasn't a fun experience for us at all. Hope pretty much screamed during the entire ride home from the airport. Glad to hear that you enjoyed Guangzhou. You must have been busy. Hope everything went smoothly. Can't wait to hear more about the end of your trip.

Welcome Home Forever Family!!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home....to Mommy,Nana and especially Chandler....I've been following the blog and have to say she's one sweet baby. I just love her smile and can see why you fell in love with her. I am so happy for you Nicole, you are going to make a wonderful Mother and Chandler is one lucky baby. Will look forward to seeing you both when you come to the North Country.
In the meantime enjoy your new daughter and I'll look forward to more pictures. Love, Shirley

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Nicole and Chandler! I can't wait to hear EVERYTHING, and to catch you up on Georgia's IMMINENT arrival...!

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you guys are home safe and sound! Try and get some rest, the jet lag can kick your butt. I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it home, safe and sound!

Anonymous said...

So glad you're home... I'm sorry your flight got in so late & your friends couldn't meet you -- I can relate - the same thing happened to me! There was an ice storm in Newark when we arrived and all flights were cancelled.. I was supposed to arrive CLT about 8:00 pm -- instead I was able to get a later flight, thankfully, but it arrived at midnight - only two family members and one friend were able to be there. But I'm sure you're still on Cloud 9 (like I was), so I got over it! I hope you have some HELP the next few days -- the jet lag thing is ROUGH!! But both of you WILL adjust - and then you'll feel great! ~May

Beth said...

Hey there! How's the new Mama and Daughter? I just want you to know I'm thinking of you and hope you're well! I know it is overwhelming to be home and swarmed, but please drop me a line when you can.

Beth

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker