Monday, September 29, 2008

Chandler's 1st Birthday!!

My baby girl is now 1 year old! We've had so much fun celebrating her special day(s). On Thursday which was her actual birthday, she and I had a special lunch at Chuck E. Cheese. We were so fortunate that it was nearly empty in the place so we had a blast checking out all the rides and play areas without any wait. I only cried a handful of times as I watched this little monkey laugh and explore all the neat things there.

We later went to my friend Kelly's parents for a special birthday celebration for Channie. It was so nice of them to have cupcakes, balloons and gifts for Channie. She just loved playing with the Floyd Family and their sweet granddaughter Kaitlyn. We all laughed hysterically when we realized we were like the baby paparazzi photographing the two girls together. Chandler had such a fun day that she was asleep before we even pulled out of their driveway.




On Saturday my sister Yvonne and her family drove in from Raleigh for Chandler's party on Sunday. This was the first time they met Chandler and she took to them all very quickly. She enjoyed Natalie reading her stories and Ethan holding her. Aunt Yvonne and Uncle Chris were a huge hit too. Chandler just loved all the excitement and attention. We're hoping to visit them in Raleigh at the end of the month.


Sunday was Chandler's party. We had a great time and were so happy to have our friends and family here with us. I had a smaller cake made just for Chandler; she really enjoyed digging into the frosting. Actually, I think I'm still scrubbing that pink frosting off of her. She played for as long as she could and then finally just fell asleep in my arms during the party. I guess even party girls have to sleep!




It's hard to believe my precious baby was handed to me for the first time over a month ago now. This little muffin has brought so much joy into my life in such a short period of time. I am forever grateful to God for this treasure.
Only 1 more day and we're heading up north to see Nana and Grampie. We can't wait!

3 comments:

RamblingMother said...

happy birthday baby girl. what great fun and great pics.

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday! You are so cute Chandler!

Anonymous said...

We just got our picture of our daughter from our adoption agency. Our daughter is also coming from the Social Welfare Instiute at Yulin. Would like to know more about your trip and what to expect once we get to Yulin. Ralph & Brenda Densmore - Nashville, GA Email: chiefd67@windstream.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker