Tuesday, July 7, 2009

One Year Ago Today.... Chandler's Referral

This photo was taken exactly one year ago today when Chandler was in her loving foster home in China. I can only imagine how much they must miss her.


That same day marks one that I will never forget. One wonderful year ago today I received THE call from my adoption agency with the news that Lin Ying Lin (now known as Chandler Elise Lin) was ready for me. Second only to the day I met Chandler, it was the most incredible day of my life. I remember being so excited when my cell phone rang and I saw the agency's number show up on my caller id. Within 20 minutes I received these two photos of my precious baby girl.




Chandler Elise Lin at Yulin SWI on 1/24/08.... waiting patiently for Mama.


I was instantly in love with her but never did I know how much I would come to truly adore this little person.



To celebrate this special occasion, Chandler and I went to our favorite Chinese Restaurant tonight, Red Bowl, for dinner. We'll be sure to make this a tradition and celebrate this special day every year to come. Thank you all for providing the constant love and support to our little family. We so much appreciate you!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Isn't it an incredible feeling to meet these milestones we waited so so long for? :) Sweet Chandler is right where she belongs.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker